Our escape plan

September 23, 1940
Image result for romania war in 1939

   Sorry I haven't written in so long but my family and I have been moving and we've been busy. World war II started in 1939 when Germany attacked Poland. A year after the war begun the country where I live,Romania, and Germany became ally countries. I turned 9 this month. It's been one of the worst birthdays because we were forced to leave our home. Jews have been forced to move out of our village. The Romanian police has sent us walking to a place in Ukraine where Jews were concentrated. We started walking to no destination.We had been walking for so long i didn't know if I would be able to make it.  No one ever told us where we were going or how long it would take us. After what felt like eternity we got to this place. We had arrived to a huge barraks where thousands of Jews were. It was very chaotic and nothing was organized. The next day our neighbor had told us that about 1,000 Jews were rounded up and sent to Ukrainian ghettos. After hearing this news my father started to plan an escape plan for my family.

Septemeber 29, 1942

 As you can tell our plan from two years ago did not work out. While we were planning our escape the nazis found us. Two years after On Rosh ha Shana 1,600 Jews from Grodek were murdered by the Nazis. You might be thinking how horrible it must have been but there are some what good news in all this. Some of the prisoners got to survive. About 400 survivors were taken to the Krasnoye ghetto. My family and I were part of those 400 survivors. My family and i didn't know where they were taking us next but we were just happy to leave this place because it brought us many bad memories. Throughout these two years many of the friends we made here died. When we first got here i met this girl named Alina. She was from Ukraine. She became my really good friend until the nazis killed her for standing up for her poor, weak mother. 

May 14,1943

You probably forgot about me by now. I haven't written in so long. Some of the recent events that have been happening is group by group we are being deported from Theresienstadt concentration camp to the Auschwitz extermination camp. These past five years have been really crazy. We haven't stayed in a camp for a long time we are always moving and we never know if the new camp will be any better at all then the last one. The nazis came to where we were and separated all women from men. My father and Jacob my brother from the rest of us. They sent all men to the new camp first, then the women were sent. I was really sad that we had been separated from my brother and father but at least I was with my mother and my sister. I have to go, Ill write some more once Im in the new camp. 

Comments

Popular Posts