Edith's Diary

Edith's Diary

Image result for edith fuhrmann brandmann

June 27, 1937
Hello, 

Image result for romania war in 1939My name is Edith Fuhrmann Brandmann. I am from Kriesciatik, Romania.       

I am 6 years old, My birthday is September 11, 1931. I love having my birthday in fall because its my favorite season. I have a brother named Jacob and a sister named Martha. I love my siblings but we often fight over little things. My favorite thing to do with them is go play outside. 

Image result for kriesciatik romania

I live in in a village called Kriesciatik which is located between Romania and Poland. My parents are jewish and they have  a large ranch where they grow sugar bets and raise beautiful cattle. They also have a grocery store that i love to go to. Its my favorite place to go after i got out of school. At home my family and I speak Yiddish and German but I learned to speak Romanian after I began school.

March 13,1937
Our village was by a river and my friends and I loved to go swimming in the river during summer because the days would get so hot. We would go after school or during the weekends to the river. If we weren't home everyone knew where we were, swimming in the river. My mother would give me some bread and butter sandwiches and cherries, that would be my lunch for the day. I loved eating fruits, my best friend, Fritzie, and I would even go to the forest and pick out wild strawberries and beautiful pink and purple flowers. We would play with the flowers and pretend like we were in a school play. We enjoyed being outside for a long time.

My mama is calling me to go back home, I'll be back to the river tomorrow and I'll write a bit more.  I'll convince my best friend Fritzie to start writing a diary as well.  See you till then!!


Comments

Popular Posts