Easter

Image result for easter in romania

April 28,1937

Happy Easter to everyone that actually celebrates it. My family doesn't celebrate Easter because my parents say that it is very dangerous. We cannot go out into the city because my parents say that the local peasants would get drunk and would attack the Jews. I don't really get the reason for them attacking Jews but my parents say because they would blame them for killing Jesus.  I mean we technically can celebrate it but only inside our house but whats the fun in that. During easter I usually get the blues. I am really sad that I can't celebrate easter like the rest. I hope when i get older I will be able to celebrate easter with my family without it being dangerous.  I don't like going to school after easter because that is when everybody in school comes back and tells what they did for easter and all the fun they had. I have added a photo of the eggs we make here in Romania. You may be asking what do all the colors and shapes mean, well they have our culture and tradition and myths all over them. A day before or two we celebrate Easter at my school. We bring eggs we made at home to school to show the rest of my classmates. We also have a little party and bring food.  The eggs that I made three days ago did not look like this, I am not a good at drawing or making things but I wish I was so I would become an artist when I grow up because I don't know what I want to be when I grow up. My sister Martha also helped me make part of my easter eggs.




Comments

  1. Celebrating Easter looks so fun! I wish we would celebrate it. Those eggs look so pretty! I bet it's really fun to make them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts